Last night I slept in a bed. Shouldn't have been a big deal - but it totally was. You see, we've left Texas :( and as of a week ago, we live in Washinton. :) We got here on October 27th - our stuff got here on November 3rd. In between we slept on our little air mattress. So sleeping in a bed again was fantastic.
We're so enamored with our new place. Here are a few reasons why...
- Space - so much that Maddie's toys don't have to sit in the middle of the living room.
- Garage - no more hunting for a parking space at night (or fighting with the pole in the carport spot... and you totally know who won that fight.)
- Backyard - Once Madilyn can walk, she'll actually have somewhere to run around.
- Space - no sharing walls with neighbors.
- Space - There is an extra bedroom so when you are ready to come visit - we'll have a spot for you.* This invitation is only to those of you I've actually met in person - sorry to any random blog surfers looking for a guest stay near Seattle. For the rest of you - I'd love to have you visit.
And as an added bonus to this post - you get to see Madilyn's first Halloween costume. I picked this because I know when she gets older she'll want to be a princess or a fairy or something cutsie. Not likely she'll ask to be the Hunny pot from the Winny the Pooh stories, so I have to do embarassing things now, before she is old enough to stop me.



5 comments:
What a great costume and congrats on your move!
She is so stinkin cute!!! And yay for having a place to live and a bed to sleep in. Are you getting settled? I am totally jealous of the backyard. We are still trying to tame our forest.
I'm glad you have a place for me to stay when I visit. :o) btw: I need your new address.
Cute costume (and adorable little girl!). Congratulations on the move- you'll love Washington!
So, are you ever going to tell me your address so I can picture exactly where it is that you live, because chances are I've been there. :) Congrats on the move. I am excited to see you when I come home. And you are right- dress her up how you want while you can because it all changes far too quickly.
Post a Comment