Friday, August 24, 2007

No more single mom

Today is the end of my week as a single mom. I don't know how anyone does it for more than a week at a time. Ryan came back from his business trip this afternoon and we were more than a little excited to see him. This is only the 3rd or 4th trip he's made, but they are usually for around a week. Whenever we pick him up, I put Madilyn in her"I love Daddy" onesie so he gets the message even if she isn't real chatty yet.

We go into a coping mode when Ryan leaves. Dinner comes from a box or some meshing of leftovers, Maddie gets the abbreviated version of her bath, and for her part she decides to alter her sleeping schedule to wake up at 4 in the morning just to make sure I don't get lonely sleeping in that big bed all by myself. Thoughtful kid, huh.

Speaking of how thoughtful she is, today I was sitting on the couch and holding her so she was facing me. Without warning she puked all over me. I'm talking puked on my face and then it ran all down the front of me. You should see her after she spits up... her face gives no indication that anything has just happened. I, on the other hand, am screeching about how gross this is and how I just took a shower, but for Madilyn it is a non-event. Luckily I have Ryan back to throw me a burp rag when this kind of thing happens.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

It's great when they come home!

Charlotta-love said...

First, you are a CUTE mom/wife for putting the "I love daddy" onsie on for appropriate times. Aww...

The puke, wow, she loves you. I don't think I want her to love me that much when I see her...okay?

TUG said...

I throw up all over my self all the time and I love it too.

Madilyn is just living the dream!

Charlotta-love said...

Thom...I'm sensing another reason why you might not be dating anyone... just saying...